For some odd reason for 2018 Molina took it upon themselves to change my husbands provider. Find out this doctor is retired, schedule with a new doctor in the same office, same tax id.

When calling Molina to state that we need a new id that is not effective next month as the appointment is tomorrow they refuse to change it to today's date. Instead started arguing about their HIPPA form not being signed. First I have heard of it was never sent by mail, email, or even a phone call to let us know that this is required there. Now, my husband has to jump through their hoops to try and get the effective date changed.

Note, the doctor he was already assigned to is closer and is still accepting Molina, why was he forced to change providers? Where was the conversation about this change?

What if the new card had never arrived and we were sitting in the ER with a hospital staffer telling us my husband can't be seen because Molina plays dirty. I'll be amazed if my husband gets to go to the doctor tomorrow as planned.

Product or Service Mentioned: Molina Healthcare Marketplace Health Insurance.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 07.

Comments

Emergency Rooms don't turn patients away for insurance or lack thereof, FYI. Plenty of people without insurance go there in lieu of a primary physician.

HIPPA is required for all medical services.

Your husband must sign you to his HIPPA in order for anyone to discuss any of his medical business with you. That's the law, and it doesn't matter that you're his spouse. It applies to everyone.

I have never heard of insurance companies dictating who their policy holders should see.

Your husband can go see the provider of his choosing if they're credentialed with Molina. If Molina refuses the claim, you can appeal.

h.kitchener

Sounds like you need to find a better health insurance company.