54 views
Verified Reviewer

Ever since I got Molina I have had nothing but problems with them. I was dropped unexpectedly from my last insurance company and had a limited time to find something else before enrollment was over.

Upon getting Molina I was given the run around between them and Washington Health Plan Finder, one saying they contacted the other but hadn't heard back and the other saying they hadn't received anything. I have bad anxiety that creeps up on me at random times due to my thyroid issues from Cancer and that day happen to be a bad day for me so my mother was making the phone call for me trying to help me out. When the lady talking to my mother said she needed to speak to me she made a point of telling me I'm old enough to make my own phone calls instead of having my mother call, which I then got upset and told her about my anxiety and she then just brushed it off and repeated herself. I had also called at one point where my mental health was becoming more concerning and asked about how their coverage works with mental health and seeking counseling, etc.

and was told they wouldn't cover anything until I had paid $600-$800 out of pocket then they may cover a percentage. I job doesn't pay that well and I can't afford that much out of pocket before I get some sort of "percentage help". In other words, I don't have the opportunity for mental health coverage because I can't pay out of pocket and you wont help me. Its a great feeling when you are desperate for some form of mental health help and you are pushed aside.

I've had other issues back and forth with them but recently, during COVID (an important time for healthcare and lenience with payments) I was terminated from Molina for 18 CENTS that wasn't payed a month prior, to which the lady I talked to apologized and said i know it sounds ridiculous, but we have terminated people for 7 cents. What kind of company terminates for CENTS???

Not even a notice or warning that, hey you need to pay this or we will have to terminate you. I definitely would not recommend Molina to anyone I know, I would rather pay a ridiculous amount of money for insurance then to continue to deal with people who will terminate people during such a trying time over meaningless cents.

User's recommendation: Don't use, even if they are on the cheaper side of insurances, it shows.

Preferred solution: make better plans to help people who need it. not terminating people over cents. .

Molina Healthcare Cons: Mean customer service reps, Billing errors.

Location: 21540 30th Drive Southeast, Bothell, WA 98021